Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Starting the floors

Yesterday, I pulled off all the molding and quarter rounds and didn't break a single one! I can reuse them! But I was totally grossed out by the amount of dirt they were hiding. Today, I cleaned those areas because I want the new faux wood slats to stick down well. And I want the area to have a clean look even though this area will be covered.
I did identify where I took the molding and quarter rounds from so we can put them back.
Mark has to pull the nails from the molding because I want to clean them off, too.
In cleaning parts of the floor today with a scrub brush, I learned why I will have to be gentle on the new counters. I did spill paint on the floor (which is why I love putting in new floors after I paint!) I had to scrub, but the counter top paint came off the floor. Giani recommends using only a dish cloth with antibacterial soap to clean the counters. I can live with that.
Above are my before photos of the floor. In my up-close and personal view of the flooring today, it is worn. There are cracks in it. This is the advantage of having mottled-looking linoleum -- the wear-and-tear gets hidden in the patterns and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment