Friday, July 9, 2010

Chiseling

I am so wanting to get started on the floors. The patch is working well in front of the dishwasher. But we now have to solve the problem of running the coaxial cables and other such wires under a threshold. Whoever put the floors in did not allow for expansion space between the hardwood floor of the living room and the kitchen floor. Both are at the same height. We need to get a threshold between the floors to help with the transition of styles. I was hoping we could find a threshold with an open space on its bottom so we could put the cables and stuff under it. It does not exist. Someone suggested to Mark that we create a space in the kitchen floor. I had hoped we could rent a router. No such luck. A flooring installer suggested scoring the floor with a circular saw and then chiseling out the space. We aren't sure we can adjust our circular saw for that. So now we are using a hammer and chisel to create the space where we can run the cables. And then I can start the floor!! I hope. I want a new floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment