Friday, July 2, 2010

Setback

I was cleaning more of the kitchen floor, specifically the area in front of the dishwasher where the vinyl was coming up due to a flood from a previous owner. Our flood may have worsened it, but that vinyl's been working its way off for quite a while. And it hit me -- we have two layers of vinyl on this floor. Everything I've read says you should not add a third layer of vinyl to vinyl. I had already sent email to Lumber Liquidators with questions about the vinyl coming up and had received an answer from Wade. In his email, he advised that we should put luan down over the existing vinyl. I felt the need to talk to him after the latest discovery and was pleased they put me through. The goal is now to head out to Home Depot and get luan to put over the vinyl. It won't raise the floor as much as ceramic tile would have. Ceramic tile would have required a cement backer board and then you have the tile on top of that. Another setback are the ceiling tiles. My samples should be here on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment