Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Digging out

Today was spent digging out the floor patch I had put on the floor in front of the dishwasher. I am going to lay one or two vinyl tiles in that area and then cover all of it with the faux wood vinyl planks. I was sloppy with the floor patch because at that moment, I thought I'd be covering it with the luan. I had sandpaper, thinking I could use the electric sander it to level it out, but it wasn't working. I am learning. I hope to lay the vinyl tiles to build up to the level of the existing tiles. And then I'll use the vinyl planks on top of them. We will rent a 100-pound roller to go over the vinyl planks. I'm so glad I have the summer off where I can run into a problem and not be stressed out about not meeting my deadline of having the floor done by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment